Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ArtSync

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I didn't know about ArtSync until I heard that they were interested in interviewing JJ Lee and me at the opening of our shows last weekend. But after watching Artsync TV on Rogers Cable 10 and taking a closer look at their website, I have to say I'm very excited to have been included.

The ArtSync website and tv show offer a way to stay connected with what's happening in the art scene in Toronto and Canada without leaving the comfort of home.

Here is how they describe themselves:

ArtSync.ca is a dynamic online sanctuary for all those interested and involved in Canadian art: its creators, conspirators, critics, and cheerleaders. We’ve furnished our site with a gallery directory, exhibition shortlist, and event calendar; listings for jobs, submission calls, and other opportunities; reviews, blogs and forums for discussing the latest in the scene; and, in collaboration with our affiliated television program, video footage of recent openings and interviews.  We strive to be focused and selective about the information we distribute so as to provide readers with the most current and vital information about the visual arts in Canada.


ArtSync TV is Toronto’s visual voice for contemporary art.  Grounded in an awe for the art of this city, we’re committed to following, sharing, and celebrating the best of it with our Roger’s Cable and online audiences. The show airs every Friday night at 7 on channel 10, with clips available online shortly thereafter. ArtSync TV covers Toronto’s latest openings and current shows, and profiles the artists and arts professionals who make the city so vital. The artwork featured is accomplished and edgy, significant and timely, and relevant locally, nationally, and internationally.


ArtSync is the product of Link Design and Multimedia, a Toronto-based initiative that has promoted contemporary visual art, video, new media and film since 2001. 


I wish I could remember what I said during the interview. I just hope I sounded somewhat coherent! I think the interviews might air this Friday, January 28, 2011 at 7 pm on Rogers Cable 10. Watch and find out.